11 Feb 2021
Headline speakers debate 'Reaching Net Zero in Agriculture'
Reaching net zero in farming is a cornerstone of the Agricultural Transition Plan and of Environmental Land Management (ELM) policy. And with many farmers on board with the NFUs ambitions to reach net zero by 2040, this March, at Low Carbon Agriculture Show online, an expert panel of speakers will debate the stepping stones needed to get there. Chairing the ‘Reaching Net Zero in Agriculture’ debate is Olivia Midgley, deputy editor, Farmers Guardian, and the panellists include:
- Stuart Roberts, deputy president for the National Farmers Union (NFU)
- Caroline Drummond MBE, chief executive of LEAF (Linking Environment and Farming)
- Dr Nina Skorupska CBE, chief executive of the Association for Renewable Energy and Clean Technology (REA)
- Patrick Holden CBE, chief executive for The Sustainable Food Trust
- Sir William Worsley, chair of the Forestry Commission